About Me

My photo
Fairies and nymphs, water and sunlight, control and satisfaction, happiness and perfection.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Why is it that the things that make me happy also are the things that make me sad?

I think the title of the post says it all. I just don't understand why that has to be. It's not fair, really. What makes me happy? Sitting in the kitchen on a cold wintry day, drinking a cup of tea, talking with friends and eating warm cookies used to make me happy. Not so anymore. Those cookies started a binge session that just finished recently. Ugh, not fair. Sleeping made me happy, now it's an escape from reality, and when i wake up i just want to eat. My birthday used to be something i look forward to, now it's just something i dread. I feel like life's little joys have been snatched away from me, and i don't know how to find them again. And I feel like something's missing. I try to fill the void with alcohol, people and occasionally food, but it's not working. What is happy? What is fun? Some days I don't remember anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I def know how you feel, especially with the 'sleep' aspect. Sleeping is always a great escape from the world, people and food. I hope you have a good birthday despite you despair! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete